[BLML] Do Alert rules need to change ? [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Sven Pran svenpran at online.no
Wed Mar 21 12:32:43 CET 2012

> Gordon Rainsford
[...]
> > - The suggestion that *all* calls be announced would, of course,
> > remedy such problems.
>
> That, I think, would open the doors to problems of the sort that concern
Jeff.

[Sven Pran]
There is a tale from the youth of duplicate when Culbertson had just
introduced his "asking bids".
 A drop-in guest in a club asked her (his?) partner: "Do we use asking
bids?" and the reply was "yes".

So during one auction the player suddenly asked {sic!} "Do you have the King
of Diamonds, partner?".

Another incident that once really happened in Norway was the player who bid
5 Hearts over a Blackwood 4NT. His LHO sitting there with his two aces
thought for a while and then exclaimed: "You took the words out of my
mouth!"

Information exchange during the auction shall be by means of the limited
bridge language consisting of 15 different tokens and nothing more.