[BLML] Do Alert rules need to change ? [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Jeff Easterson JffEstrsn at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 20:04:24 CET 2012

This is not exclusively a case of NT strength.  Many other more serious
disasters would be avoided.  One player opens 2 in major, believing it
to be strong, partner considersit weak.  Guaranteed disaster without
announcements.  Player opens 2 diamonds multi and partner thinks it is a
weak 2.  Blackwoood: one player thinks it is with 5 controls, the other
with 4.  Doubles: no confusion as to whether it is for penalties,
takeout oroptional or even something else (responsive, &c.). One player
considers a bid (or even call) forcing, gthe other does not.  The list
is endless, all almost always lead to very bad scores.  With
announcements this does not happen. It seems to me to totally change the
game.

Ciao,  JE