[BLML] Do Alert rules need to change ? [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Sven Pran svenpran at online.no
Mon Mar 19 10:32:31 CET 2012

Rather that "self alert" we introduced in Norway an "announcements" regulation effective from July 1st 2011:

Opening bids in the range 1NT - 2Sp are never to be alerted, but the opener's partner shall immediately (without being asked) "announce" the meaning of that bid. The announcement shall include all important features of the bid.

With for instance ("natural") 1NT opening bids this includes the HCP range and possible special distributional features like "may contain a singleton" or "may contain a 5-card major" etc.

I don't think it would have been a wise regulation to have the opener himself describe his own bid.
Regards Sven