[BLML] Law 16B2 [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

richard.hills at immi.gov.au richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Thu Mar 15 00:18:43 CET 2012

Marvin French:

>>Conversations with top TDs and LC members
>>have revealed (so far) that none of them
>>understand this law. I'll check further at the
>>Memphis NABC.

Harald Skjæran:

>I can't believe none of them understand this
>law, since it is (should be) impossible to mis-
>understand it. There's nothing there to interpret
>in any way.

Richard Hills:

The motto of this mailing list is RTFLB, Read The
(Fine) Law Book. It is easy to misinterpret what
a Law says if one does not bother reading that
Law. :-(

Beware the blowing winds of arbitrary rulings.

Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons (1960)

This country's planted thick with laws from coast
to coast -- Man's laws, not God's -- and if you cut
them down -- and you're just the man to do it --
d'you really think you could stand upright in the
winds that would blow then?