[BLML] Absent dummy and consequences

Hans van Staveren sater at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 14 18:47:58 CET 2012

Interesting: indeed 7B prohibits defenders from providing this assistance.

However, this is often done, at least where I come from, and as the story
was told to me, declarer was leaning back and actually expecting defenders
to handle the dummy.

If the RHO had pushed the heart five forward one cm and then played the
heart Ace, would it make a difference?

If the dummy was replaced by a wandering TD for the duration of play, as I
often do, and the TD heard the heart 5 and pushed it forward, RHO played AH,
would it make a difference?

Hans