[BLML] (2017) Procedure Immediately following a claim [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Harald Berre Skjæran harald.skjaran at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 10:06:49 CET 2012

Den 01:47 14. mars 2012 skrev  <richard.hills at immi.gov.au> følgende:
> Robert Frick asserted:

> Harald Skjæran quibbled:
>
>>>Where is this widely agreed? I've never seen
>>>it happen.
>
> Robert Frick asked:
>
>>Very strange! Is this a huge regional difference?
>
> Richard Hills answers:
>
> Yes and No. It is not merely ACBL-land which
> contains grey-ethics declarers who claim without
> showing their cards, thus gaining an unearned
> trick or trick. ABF-land also contains such expert
> declarers who steal tricks from bunny victims.

There was no mention of declarer not showing his/her cards.
Robert was talking about defenders looking at each other hands after a claim.

I'm accustomed to claimers not showing their hand when they play
against people they know will know what's going on.
I've seen claims on a simple or double squeeze or a throw-in been done
without saying a word or showing a hand.
And defenders conceding without saying anything at all in the same
circumstances.

Geir Helgemo as a defender conceded the rest of the tricks when
declarer went into the tank on one occasion.
Declarer protested, since he hadn't seen the ending yet, but Geir
insisted that he'd get the rest of the tricks, which he eventually
would have.

--
Kind regards,
Harald Berre Skjæran