[BLML] Absent dummy and consequences

Hans van Staveren sater at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 14 09:33:23 CET 2012

Yesterday I heard about the following case:

A board was played, dummy was away.

Declarer called the cards and opponents handled the dummy.

Now dummy contained both red fives and was on lead.

RHO heard heart five, and played the heart ace from his hand before picking
up the heart five from dummy.

Now declarer said that he specified the diamond five. Director!

Director ruled the diamond five played and the heart ace a major penalty
card. This led to the contract, a doubled game, making instead of going one
off.

I have my thoughts about this, but first want to hear some opinions.

Hans