[BLML] Laws 73D2 and 81C5 (was Law 67B1(b)) [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

richard.hills at immi.gov.au richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Mon Mar 5 21:43:27 CET 2012

An apocryphal anecdote is that a bridge giant
from the 1930s, P. Hal Sims, was challenged
to a rubber by two bunnies. However, the
bunnies demanded a handicap from Sims to
compensate for his redoubtable skill.

Sims thought for a while, then said, "All right,
you can cheat".

In the recent Aussie Nationals at the Gold
Coast in Queensland I was playing very
poorly throughout the main Swiss teams
event. So therefore towards the end of the
event we were drawn against a bunny team.

Whenever I was dummy in that match, and
partner led towards one of my kings, I
noticed that my RHO would always play in
tempo when ducking an ace, but he would
always hesitate when forced to duck a non-
ace. Of course my expert partner, Dorothy
Jesner (winner of zillions of Aussie women's
championships), also noticed RHO's Law
16A2 "traits" so therefore she used that AI at
her own non-risk.

Best wishes,

Richard Hills