[BLML] Fwd: §81C3

Jeff Easterson JffEstrsn at aol.com
Fri Jun 29 19:40:24 CEST 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	§81C3
Datum: 	Fri, 29 Jun 2012 17:22:08 +0200
Von: 	Jeff Easterson <Jeff.Easterson at gmx.de>

I'm sure this has already been discussed on blml but it might have been
before my time or I have forgotten what the result (if any) was.

§81C3 The Director's duties and powers normally include (also) the
following:

to rectify an error or irregularity of which he becomes aware in any
manner, within the correction period in accordance with §79C.

I don't find "error" in the definitions but (example) irregularity would
seem to include revokes.

By close reading of §81C3 that would seem to mean that when a TD notices
a revoke as he happens to be at a table, he should "rectify" it.  (There
are other similar "irregularities" that could be chosen.)  According to
§81C3 it would seem that he should rectify it immediately since (§64B4)
if he waits (last phrase of §81C3) it will be too late for a rectification.

This can't be right (in my opinion)* so where is the mistake in my
interpretation?  Ton?  Grattan? Richard?  Anyone else?  Have I missed or
forgotten a laws committee minute concerning this?

If I am correct in my assumption that, if he notices a revoke the TD
does not react, where then is the line to be drawn?  To which "errors or
irregularities" does he react and to which does he not?

* If he reacts immediately the revoke is not established, if he waits
too long there is no effect.  But, aside from that it is only a
coincidence that he happens to pass a table and notice the infraction.
At all of the other tables it passes without a TD noticing it.

Ciao, JE