[BLML] An untruth

Marvin French mfrench1 at san.rr.com
Wed Jun 13 22:12:29 CEST 2012

From: "Gordon Rainsford" > On 12/06/2012 21:05,

 Marvin French wrote:

>> From: "Gordon Rainsford"
>>
>>> In the case of the EBU, I think it's a union of County Associations.

>> Yes, which are included in England, Scotland, Wales, and the Isle of Man
>> (the United Kingdom) despite the name English Bridge Union. I won't go
>> further with this!

> Probably just as well! You do know that there are separate bodies for
> each country - the EBU, the SBU & the WBU?

Yes, just as well, thank you. I misinterpreted the map on the EBU website as
including Scotland and Wales, which indeed are separate NBFs, thereby
justifying the name of English Bridge Union, I suppose, even though the two
Channel Islands (Guernsey and Jersey) and the Isle of Man are part of the
EBU but politically not part of England (nor of Great Britain nor of the
United Kingdom).

Marv
Marvin L French
www.marvinfrenchj.com