[BLML] Logic (was Klaatu) [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

richard.hills at immi.gov.au richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Tue Jun 12 01:06:59 CEST 2012

Edmund Burke (1729-1797):

Because half-a-dozen grasshoppers under
a fern make the field ring with their
importunate chink, whilst thousands of great
cattle, reposed beneath the shadow of the
British oak, chew the cud and are silent, pray
do not imagine that those who make the
noise are the only inhabitants of the field; that
of course they are many in number; or that,
after all, they are other than the little shrivelled,
meagre, hopping, though loud and
troublesome insects of the hour.

Gordon Rainsford:

>>Indeed. Certainly, don't do anything like
>>this [RH partially leave blml] on my behalf.
>>I suppose my post was intended more as
>>an explanation of how things are
[snip]

Ed Reppert:

>I have to agree with the others. Speaking as
>someone who left blml some time ago and
>who recently came back to see if it had got
>better, it seems to me that no, it hasn't really
>got better, but it would be much worse
>without Richard here. So I ask you, Richard,
>please reconsider and return to posting here.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ed

Richard Hills:

I am extremely gratified that cud-chewing
blml activists and lurkers who enjoy my posts
greatly outnumber "the little shrivelled,
meagre, hopping, though loud and
troublesome insects of the hour" who detest
my posts.

Therefore I will resume full blml membership.

Best wishes,

Richard Hills
DIAC Social Club movies coordinator

Tony Musgrove:

[snip]
>>>My only worry is that he seems to be
>>>able to compose these diatribes when
>>>he perhaps should be attending to
>>>freeing some of our refugees from their
>>>concentration camps, or at the very least,
>>>dispensing movie tickets for the Dept. of
>>>Immigration social club.
[snip]

Doctor Frankenstein:

My operation, Igor, is the Jacoby Transfer
which requires two hearts. Voila! An insect
has gained Richard Hills' humorous heart,
while Richard Hills now has the humourless
heart of an insect.

Richard "grasshopper" Hills:

Tony Musgrove's paragraph above is a
slander on me, so I demand an immediate