[BLML] Logic (was Klaatu) [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

richard.hills at immi.gov.au richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Sat Jun 2 08:19:11 CEST 2012

Thomas Cathcart & Daniel Klein,
Aristotle and an Aardvark go to Washington:

SHE: That third baseman is a terrific player.
HE: Hell, if I had his skills, I'd be that good too.

Law 40A1(b), first sentence:

Each partnership has a duty to make available
its partnership understandings to opponents
before commencing play against them.

Eric Landau, 4th December 2008:

[snip]
>But the first sentence of L40A1(b)
>unambiguously requires a partnership to
>supply a "100% complete encyclopedia"
[snip]

David Burn, 5th December 2008:

No, it does not, any more than "Passengers
must take all their personal belongings with
them when leaving the train" means that you
may not board the train having left any of your
personal possessions at home.

David Burn
London, England