[BLML] Screen problem from Iceland [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Henk Uijterwaal henk.uijterwaal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 09:11:25 CEST 2012

On 27/04/2012 08:34, richard.hills at immi.gov.au wrote:
> Richard Hills:

> If South had passed the tray correctly it is
> distinctly possible that NORTH would have
> bid instead of passing, and it is indistinctly
> possible that North's pass damaged East-
> West.

>From a practical point of view: the construction of most screens that I've seen
and played with is such that it is hard for NS to judge if they have pushed the
tray far enough for the bids to be seen by both players at the other side of the
screen, or that the tray has been pushed far enough for the screenmate to
see all bids.  If this the tray hasn't been pushed far enough, then EW should
take some action to make sure that they can see the bids.

Then, I don't quite see how we can separate this case from the case where north
saw the 1C bid and decided to make an anti-systemic pass.

> Under the ABF reg East has zero
> responsibility to recover from South's
> infraction -- the situation is analogous to a

I'd think the situation is analogous to 21A.

Henk

--
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk(at)uijterwaal.nl
                                          http://www.uijterwaal.nl