[BLML] (2017) Lack of Mutual Agreement [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

richard.hills at immi.gov.au richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Wed Apr 25 13:29:59 CEST 2012

Robert Frick:

[snip]
>The 300-pound gorilla here is L40B4: "A
>side that is damaged as a consequence of
>its opponents' failure to provide disclosure
>of the meaning of a call or play as these
>laws require is entitle to rectification through
>the award of an adjusted score."
>
>What I have meant to be consistently asking
>is, essentially, the meaning of "as these
>laws require".
[snip]

Richard Hills:

As Laws 40A3, 40C1 and 40C2 demonstrate,
you are neither required to describe pard's
cards nor required to describe pard's
thoughts. No, you must describe your pre-
existing mutual partnership understandings.

In times past some players ch**t*d by using
"baby" psyches, answering, "Zero pre-
existing mutual partnership understanding,"
when they had zero explicit understanding,
but by constant repetition they had gained an
implicit understanding. Hence the clarifying
Law 40C1 was added to the 2007 Lawbook.

President Theodore Roosevelt had gained
the Panama Canal Zone as United States
territory in a highly irregular way. Roosevelt
asked Attorney-General Philander C. Knox
to draft a legal justification. Knox said:

"Oh, Mr. President, do not let so great an
achievement suffer from any taint of legality."