[BLML] Need to know [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

richard.hills at immi.gov.au richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Fri Apr 20 02:50:16 CEST 2012

Jeff Easterson:

>I agree. The laws are written (as has been
>said repeatedly) for competent/capable
>directors.

Richard Hills:

An ideal Rulebook for a Strategy Game may
be effectively applied by a competent and
capable BUT INEXPERIENCED umpire.

The very esoteric Kaplanesque language
(one nuanced word when several simple
words would be better) of TFLB means that
an inexperienced Director cannot become
effective without training.

Jeff Easterson:

>Would it be perhaps too rude to suggest
>that the fundamental problem is that
>Robert is not competent/capable as a
>director?

Richard Hills:

More arrogance than incompetence. Mr
Frick has been repeatedly trained over
the years by blml Directors on how to rule
correctly, yet he persists in ruling illegally,
refusing to change his dogmatic mind.

William Carlos Williams, (1883 - 1963):

Minds like beds always made up,
(more stony than a shore)