[BLML] OLOOT is back in hand

Tony Musgrove ardelm at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 9 00:47:51 CEST 2012

UI in
> bidding. I doubt the players have that time or skill, so don't count
on
> them.
>
> Of course, a director could also assume that declarer's choices are
enough
> to rectify the situation. The director could then leave the table
> following his ruling. In that case, you are giving away free UI when
you
> force the player to expose that card to his partner. Of course, it is
UI
> that the player is legally entitled to, as he could have just left his
> lead on the table or he could have put it back on the table at any
time.
> (Or maybe it is not UI, as it is a part of the legal procedures of the
> game. That would solve that problem.)

But surely this happens every time declarer forbids a lead in the
OLOOTers
suit.  You say "you must not lead a spade until you have lost the lead,
and
even then you are not allowed to know that partner has the SQ, and also
you are not allowed to know that partner has 2 points in spades"  What
is the problem with this?

Cheers,

Tony (Sydney)