[BLML] OLOOT is back in hand

Jeff Easterson JffEstrsn at aol.com
Sat Apr 7 22:54:41 CEST 2012

Am 07.04.2012 22:43, schrieb Robert Frick:
> On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 16:30:25 -0400, Ed Reppert<blackshoe at mac.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Apr 7, 2012, at 11:11 AM, Robert Frick wrote:
>>
>>> Ah. My partner leads the queen of spades face up OLOOT. I am asked not
>>> lead a spade and the queen now goes back in his hand. I was thinking
>>> that
>>> my knowledge of the queen of spades is UI. I am actually very surprised
>>> that you claim differently.
>>>
>>> Right, if the knowledge of the queen of spades is AI, the whole problem
>>> disappears. I agree with you completely on that. I can now understand
>>> your
>>> disgust at my position.
>> Perhaps it would help to actually read TFLB. Law 50E discusses the UI
>> implications of a penalty card.
>
> I think Jeff needs to read that part. I knew it.
I know §50E quite well and have never had a problem with it, nor do I
know of any colleagues who have had a problem with it.  Situations can
arise in which the TD has to use his judgement.  That is why we are
there.  Fairly rare but it can occur.  Then he does so.  Have never
heard of any problem with this and tend to doubt that anyone but Bob can
conceive of it being a problem for a capable TD.

Ciao,  JE