[BLML] Beating the Count [SEC=UNOFFICIAL

Robert Frick rfrick at rfrick.info
Wed Sep 29 04:26:40 CEST 2010

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 21:46:47 -0400, <gampas at aol.com> wrote:

> <Richard Hills>
> I believe that the current Law 16A1(d) is practical.  I believe that
> the mooted hypothetical new Law 16A1(d) would be highly impractical.
>
> <Paul Lamford> I am persuaded. And what would be equally impractical
> would be for a TD to decide the Law is wrong because they do not agree
> with it.

The current law does allow the pro to look at his hand and then remind the
client of any conventions the pro chooses. The client then picks

That's a law you are going to strictly follow? (You wrote: "Duplicate
bridge tournaments should be played in strict accordance with
the Laws.") It's "impractical" if some director doesn't allow that because
he thinks it is wrong?