[BLML] Gold standard [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

richard.hills at immi.gov.au richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Thu Sep 2 01:09:45 CEST 2010

Alain Gottcheiner:

[big snip]

>BTW, I find it strange that North's first option was 1H, rather
>than 1S. So, could it be that he made a lapsus calami, in which
>case there isn't any UI ?

Richard Hills:

Perhaps incorrect.  Sure it is possible that North's pause for
thought was North realising that 1H was an error, and should not
be changed to 1S, but rather should be changed to 2H.

But North's intent is irrelevant.  The change of bid by North is
and remains UI to South, and it is what the change of bid happens
to demonstrably suggest to South which is relevant.

However, Alain may be suggesting that North's pause was not a
pause for thought, in which case Law 25A (Unintended Call) is
relevant, the superseded 1H bid is deemed to have never existed,
and thus the superseded 1H bid is not UI.

Best wishes

Richard Hills
Recruitment Section, Level 5 Aqua, workstation W569
Phone: 6223 8453
DIAC Social Club movie tickets