[BLML] Agreements outside the ordinary

Hans van Staveren sater at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 25 10:07:20 CET 2010

I was just reading a second-level TD course book in preparation for the
course I am supposed to teach, and there was the following assertion:

Bidding goes West 1S, North pass, and now South passes OOT. Now it is stated
that West is of course allowed to accept, and make various bids he deems to
be handy, but that he can only do that as long as EW have no agreements
about this.

Now I must admit I never made agreements about these sequences, but under
which law would it be illegal for me make such agreements?

Hans