[BLML] L26 or not?

Eric Landau ehaa at starpower.net
Thu Nov 18 18:57:41 CET 2010

On Nov 18, 2010, at 11:02 AM, olivier.beauvillain wrote:

> We have a Law reading problem :
>
> Decl      LHO     Dummy    RHO
> 1S         P         2NT*         2S**    2NT* shows invitational fit
> 2S** = insufficient bid,
> "ho, i saw 1NT, not 1NT and 2S is a strong one suiter in our system"
> then
> Decl      LHO     Dummy    RHO
> 1S         P         2NT*        3C
> 4S end
>
> do you apply L27B1b?

Only insofar as it tells me to proceed to L27B2.

> is LHO allowed to bid (even is he passes)?

No.

> do you apply L26 lead restrictions?

Yes.

> if you do, what are the forbidden suit(s)?
> can declarer ask for a suit to be led?

L26B applies.  Declarer can forbid any suit, but cannot require one.

> can RHO psyched with 3C?

At his own risk, but he will not gain from it.

> do you rule differently if he has D or H?

Yes.  A psych in this position could so easily have been premeditated
that this is an obvious case for adjusting the score per L23 if it
gains.

Eric Landau
1107 Dale Drive
Silver Spring MD 20910