[BLML] Slip of the Forked Tongue (3)

Eric Landau ehaa at starpower.net
Fri Nov 5 15:26:43 CET 2010

On Nov 4, 2010, at 11:02 AM, gampas at aol.com wrote:

> [Eric Landau] Contrast that with the previous case, where finessing
> the
> C10 rather than the SQ is clearly inferior, but not irrational.
>
> [Paul Lamford] I disagree. I think that finessing the C10 rather than
> the SQ is clearly irrational. It is also inferior. I also think it is
> clear that when people writing on here use "clearly" it is to
> bolster a
> weak argument.

Does Paul really think calling finessing the C10 rather than the SQ
"inferior" a weak argument?  I'll stand by "clearly inferior".

Perhaps my grammar might otherwise have been a bit ambiguous, but
surely not after we spent months parsing that particular comma before
"but not irrational" in T previous FLB.

Eric Landau
1107 Dale Drive
Silver Spring MD 20910