[BLML] Educate me please

Gordon Rainsford gordonrainsford at btinternet.com
Sun May 30 12:30:54 CEST 2010

On 30 May 2010, at 00:51, Gordon Rainsford wrote:

> Sven's method would (if I'm not mis-representing his method) give the
> following table:
>
> Frequency	Result		Matchpoints
>     1		+420		10
>     1		+170		8
>     1		+140		5
>     1		Art Av		5
>     1		+50		2
>     1		   -100		0
>
> from which the NS pair in question would get 60% of 8 + 40% of 2 =
> 5.6 matchpoints

A further problem with this method (and all variations on it) is that
it doesn't provide you with the ability to award scores that don't
already exist on the table. In particular it causes difficulty if you
want to award a percentage of a score that is better than the best
other score in the table, or worse than the worst other score.

Gordon Rainsford