[BLML] Automatic ruling?

Alain Gottcheiner agot at ulb.ac.be
Fri May 28 18:02:19 CEST 2010

doghoward at aol.com a écrit :

> [...]
AG : If I read the conditions well, West hesitated with a singleton, not
with Jx.

You're taking it the wrong way round.

If there is any bridge logic for the hesitation, there will be no
penalty at all.
This logic might in some occurrences be rather thin (e.g. putting up Q
from Qxx in front of Kxx to avoid partner being endplayed from AJ10 -
you'll have to ascertain whether this was plausible).

When there isn't, then we're required to decide whether there was any
hesitation (which will then be considered misleading).

Best regards

 Alain