[BLML] Upon the wings of the wind [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

richard.hills at immi.gov.au richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Wed Jan 13 06:18:48 CET 2010

Richard Hills, June 2008:

(a) pard didn't hesitate, or
(b) if pard did hesitate, I didn't notice, or
(c) if I noticed, the opponents weren't damaged, or
(d) if the opponents were damaged, it was their own IWoG fault.

Grattan Endicott, January 2010:

+=+       An aphorism was quoted on blml that "a long habit of not
thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being
right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of
custom. But tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than
reason".  Perhaps it may equally be said that a long habit of
thinking a thing right will give it a superficial semblance of not
being wrong and if the belief is challenged a formidable outcry in
defence of custom will ensue. But with peace, time and due
reflection, conversions may occur in time.
          A senior colleague has just raised with me doubts about
a longstanding administrative practice at a high level. I believe
this colleague to be right and I think it possible that a change
will be made quietly when convenient.
                             ~ Grattan ~   +=+

Richard Hills, January 2010:

So the De Wael School is soon to be adopted by the powers-that-be?

:-)

Perhaps that was not Grattan's intended message.  Many years of me
translating Grattanese into English suggests to me that Grattan's
subtle hint was intended to let blmlers guess that the WBF Appeals
Committee will soon cease to employ what the EBU has dubbed
"Reveley Rulings".

Best wishes

Richard Hills, Aqua 5, workstation W550
Telephone: 02 6223 8453
Email: richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Recruitment Section & DIAC Social Club movie tickets