[BLML] Misinformation and UI - Law 16B opinions?

Sven Pran svenpran at online.no
Sun Jan 3 22:12:24 CET 2010

On Behalf Of Nigel Guthrie
> IMO, information from partner's alert (or non-alert) is unauthorised to
you. If you
> know your system, you already have that information and may take advantage
of
> it; but if you don't, then you may not.

Precisely.

When investigating if a particular piece of information is unauthorized you
must first consult Laws 16A1 and 16A2 which give a list of all information
that is authorized. (Laws 16B, 16C and 73C list only samples of unauthorized
information and can therefore not be used uncritically.)

If you do not find the information in question in this list then Law 16A3
very clearly states that the information is unauthorized.

Information a player can derive from his partner's alert or non-alert is not
in this list and therefore unauthorized to him.

> BTW, I'm disappointed (but not surprised) that nobody demurred about
Herman
> calling me a cheat for advancing my view on this matter, whether or not
I'm right.

Most contributors to this list have long ago ceased taking Herman seriously
in many of his contributions; I suggest you join the club.

Wishing you a happy New Year

Regards Sven