[BLML] Hesitation Blackwood [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

richard.hills at immi.gov.au richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Wed Dec 23 22:56:40 CET 2009

Tom Lehrer's Christmas Carol, conclusion:

So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
Hail our dear old friend Kriss Kringle,
Driving his reindeer across the sky.
Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

PO Sundelin:

>You hold     void, KQJxx, KJTxx, AQJ
>Partner opens 1C, 17+. You respond 1S to show 8+ hp and 5+ hearts.
>Your LHO doubles to show spades, partner supports to 2H and you
>bid 3C, by agreement first round control. Opener bids 3D, must be
>the ace, since first round spade control would have been bid
>before second round in diamonds. Opener must have at least one of
>the pointed aces and there is no room for 17 with a diamond void.
>
>You cuebid 3S, opener jumps to 4NT RKCB. You respond 5S,

Richard Hills:

No, you respond 7H.  A safety play against pard's likely future
hesitation, since pard is not aware of the full power of your high
cards (and void).

PO Sundelin:

>two keycards plus the queen of trumps. Opener bids 6H after a
>slight tempo break.
>
>If now you bid 7H, would you expect the TD to take it back to 6H?

Richard Hills:

As TD that is how I would rule (unless 7H failed due to the ace of
trumps being offside).

PO Sundelin:

>And please, predict the jury decision after either TD ruling.

Richard Hills:

An unLawful Reveley Ruling by the AC averaging +1460 and +2210?

Best wishes

Richard Hills, Aqua 5, workstation W550
Telephone: 02 6223 8453
Email: richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Recruitment Section & DIAC Social Club movie tickets