[BLML] L16B2 Interpretation [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Robert Geller geller at nifty.com
Thu Dec 17 03:39:03 CET 2009

Unless the hypothetical use of UI seemed to be clearly intentional, in
which case L73 would apply, there is no need to call the deirector IMO.

"no harm, no foul" (basketball) or "playing advantage" (football/soccer)
has similar approaches.

L16B1 says the partner "may not choose from among logical alternatives
one that could demonstrably have been suggested over another by the
extraneous information."   The key words here are "that could .. have
been."  It is not an issue (and probably is in most cases
unestablishable) whether the player in question actually did use the UI.
  I believe we owe this wording to Mr. Kaplan's wisdom in moving
UI-related issue out of the realm of "cheating-like" issues to ones of
equity adjustment, so they could be dealt with by TDs and committees
without raising implicit ethical accusations.

-Bob

Nigel Guthrie さんは書きました: