[BLML] L16B2 Interpretation

Jack Rhind jrhind at therock.bm
Wed Dec 16 22:04:17 CET 2009

I think that you are right, that the RA MAY require ....

It is my experience and understanding that most regulating bodies are moving
towards the recommendation that players summon the director immediately. I
see that is a good thing as it permits the director to find out what
transpired at the table, but more importantly, speak to each of the
non-offending side away from the table to find out if they would have done
anything differently had they been given the correct information. If this
can be done before play if the hand I think you get a better insight into
what people would or would not do. As we all know, after the hand has been
played everyone knows what they would have done.

Prior to play if the non-offending side each says that they would not have
bid differently you get a better idea of what actually happened. E.g. Once
they see that they can make 4 spades over 4 heart then they all want to get
to bid it.

Jack Rhind
Bermuda