[BLML] funny

Alain Gottcheiner agot at ulb.ac.be
Mon Dec 14 16:41:06 CET 2009

Herman De Wael a écrit :
> Yesterday, final of the selections for the Belgian team.
> But as usual, one has more fun with the tournament next door.
> Glühwein tournament, and it showed.
>
> TD!
> yes?
> I want to make reservations, the bidding went:
> 	1Cl - 1NT - 2Cl - ...pass
> 	pass - dble - all pass
> OK, I've noted this, please call me back if you feel damaged
>
> (TD leaves table, but is called back immediately)
>
> TD!
> so soon?
> no, lead out of turn.
> Aha, (to the slow passer) what did you lead?
> no, not her, me (says Dummy)
>
> Have you ever had a lead out of turn by dummy?

I had. Nearing the end of his life, a former Belgian international in
partial leave of his senses did it twice - once facing me.

> Do you feel confident you would get it right?

The auction period hasn't ended yet, so the card is a MPC, which ceases
to be one as soon as dummy is faced, because dummy doesn't have any
penalty cards. However, he isn't dummy at the time the LOOT is made. But
WTP ?

Best regards

    Alaiun