[BLML] [Fwd: Re: Misinformation and UI?]

ton t.kooyman at worldonline.nl
Wed Aug 5 08:41:34 CEST 2009

>  If I can no longer play KJT opposite Axx by leading the jack and
> watching what an opponent does, that is a revolutionary change in the
> game.
> Likewise if _anything_ an opponent voluntarily does is not AI to me.

ton:

I still consider this to be one of the most difficult aspects of our game.
Finding queens have created nice stories in bridge. The one I like most is
the following:
A young ambitious male pair playing in a acbl national has to find this
queen, let us say with the holding shown above.
The J is played and there is a hesitation on his left. He (of course?) plays
the ace and finesses over his rho, his lho winning the trick. After which he
screems: 'this has never occurred to me'.