[BLML] Error in the Law book, Auction begins when?

Grattan grandaeval at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Aug 4 23:11:29 CEST 2009

Grattan Endicott<grandaeval at tiscali.co.uk
(also <gesta at tiscali.co.uk - temporarily or
              perhaps permanently suspended)
**********************************
" A vacuum can only exist, I imagine,
  by the things which enclose it."
                  ~ Zelda Fitzgerald  (1932)
*********************************
----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry BENNETT" <larry at charmschool.orangehome.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 9:31 PM
Subject: Re: [BLML] Error in the Law book, Auction
                                                                begins when?

> If only....one day perhaps.
>
> lnb
> **********************
> The 3 ages of man.tri-weekly; try weekly; try
> weakly.
> **********************
>
> Law 73A1:
> "Communication between partners during the _auction_
> and play shall be effected only by means of calls
> and plays. "
>
> This laws makes it possible for me and my partner to
> withdraw our hands from the baord and start to talk
+=+ Yes. At this time you are not restricted to only calls and
plays. Your opponents are at the table, which you may not
now leave. Disclosure procedure is subject to regulation.
        All quite intentional - especially that regulation bit.
        And, of course, Law 73C is now in operation.  To the
best of my recollection there is no authorization in the laws
for a player to communicate anything about the hand or
partnership methods relating to it, see Law 16A3.
        Law 74A2 may be relevant.
       Please remember that information is extraneous if it
is not specified in law or regulation to be authorized. (See
Law 16A3)
                                   ~ Grattan ~  +=+