[BLML] Error in the Law book, Auction begins when?

Peter Eidt PeterEidt at t-online.de
Tue Aug 4 21:25:39 CEST 2009

From: Adam Beneschan <adam at irvine.com>
> > I don't see the problem. The "auction" is not the same
> > as the "auction period".
>
> It's interesting to note that in the 1997 Laws, Law 24 applied when
> cards were exposed during the "auction"; while in the 2007 Laws, this
> was changed to "auction period".  It looks to me as though the
> Lawmakers understood that these were distinct terms with distinct
> meanings, and deliberately changed this in 2007 (for the better, I
> assume; I'd guess that the real discrepancy was in the 1997 Laws).

I agree.
But I found (there is) another place in the laws which was
not transformed by the 2007 Laws.

Law 73A1:
"Communication between partners during the _auction_
and play shall be effected only by means of calls and plays. "

This laws makes it possible for me and my partner to
withdraw our hands from the baord and start to talk ...